Monday, April 18, 2011

Giving Gluten Free options a try: Meal Planning Monday

Next week I'm trying something a bit different.
{Because really, I typed this up a week early and hit post and linked and well....I don't go to the store till Thursday or Friday.}

After much discussion from my mom, and reading an article on CNN about Gluten Free diets, I've decided to give Gluten Free meals a try.

Now, I'm not completely sold on being completely Gluten Free, just like I'm not totally sold on being a vegetarian....even though I know what they're doing to our meat.
Eww.
But I am willing to give a few options a go and see how things work out for us.
It couldn't hurt us.
But I do love my bread, cakes and cookies.
Mmmm....
But the fact is, it could really help my hubby with his fibromyalgia.
Ya never know.

So, this is what I've got going this week.
It should be interesting to see how things turn out.


Dinners
Date night: Easy for kiddos/Eat out for us!
Eggplant Parmesan bake with Garlicky Basmati Rice
Gluten Free Easter BBQ with family {Bring Salad}
Gluten Free Fiesta Chicken and Rice
Balsamic Baked Talapia and roasted veggies
Asian Spinach and Shrimp Salad
Gluten Free Chicken Broccoli Cheese casserole

Breakfasts
Cereal
Pancakes
apple oatmeal bake
eggs & toast
oatmeal

Lunches
grilled pizza sammies
pb&honey
leftovers
deli meat sammies

I linked up with many other meal planners at Organizing Junkie!
There are a couple hundred of others like me posting their menus this week!
Go!
Be Inspired!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Your plan looks great! You never know what you will find with gluten free. It might not make a difference or it could change everything. We started gluten free for my son and quickly found that all of my lifelong ailments dissapeared. Good luck to you and I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Beautifully Forgiven, Kortney said...

I actually did gluten free for a while! I have horrid allergies! UHhhh I have been trying to "treat" my allergies myself w/o going to the doctor since our ins does not cover allergy testing. I have learned over the years, usually the hard way, what I am allergic to so I thought going gluten free would be a good idea! Well I had to stop b/c I think I'm more allergic to the rice than I am the gluten! Crazy I know~ I guess I'm going to just have to go on and have the allergy tests done before I swell up and pop!! lol

Kate said...

Have you read the Primal Blueprint (book or the author's website: http://www.marksdailyapple.com). Not only is it gluten free it is completely grain free and focuses on eating pasture raised meats (not animals from confinement operations).

Just popped over from Menu Plan Monday.