Friday, May 20, 2011

...21 days...


Ever since my hubby and I decided we were done having kids, I have been struggling to loose weight.
I'm not fat, but I am a bit....cushy.
In all honesty, I'm not at all pleased with many parts of my body.
My gut looks 6 months preggers.
My arms are getting a bit flappy.
I can live with my butt and thighs, yes really.

It's not that I want to diet, I want a lifestyle change.
I'm not a fan of cutting out tons of foods.
I'm a fan of eating healthy.
Clean foods.
No processed junk.
But man, oh man, I love me some sweets.
It's my downfall really.
Give me cake, cookies or cupcakes, and I'll be your best friend.

Oreo's are of the devil.

While I know that "hating" yourself is against God's plan for you {Romans 9:20}, there is a way to go about it with God's blessings.

I mean, He gave you this body {1 Corinthians 3:16}.
He has told you to take care of it, which includes keeping it healthy.

So with all of this in mind, I'm going to join Miss Angie of My So-Called Chaos {who is a real life & blogging friend} and step things up.
A couple of very close friends of mine have already started doing something for themselves, and are encouraging me to join them as well.

I pledge to take:
21 days to form a habit.
21 days to make a change.


I have about 63 days till one of my other close friends wedding, and being in the line is giving me some anxiety.
That, and I know that my current lifestyle is not healthy for me, for my kids or for my relationship with Jesus.

Even my awesome hubby has taken to walking daily at least to the bus stop and back and around work.
If not more.

So I'm not alone in this journey.
I have accountability.
I have purpose.

I think you should join us.


My goals:

Get closer to Jesus.
Fit into my clothes better.
Drink more water.
{did you know you're supposed to divide your weight in half and that's how many ounces you should be drinking? I didn't.}
Feel better about myself.
Be able to jog at least a mile by using Couch to 5k.
Eat healthier and cleaner foods.
No more fast food.
Less Starbucks.
*gasp*
Good bye Oreo's.
Reach my New Years Resolution to jog a 5k this year.
Blog *nearly* everyday to keep myself accountable.



I can do this.
So can you.

2 comments:

Miss Angie said...

Great great great post! I'm so glad you're joining me! :)

That picture is great, and you're very right. We may not believe in the exact same god (which is all good) but I do believe that god gave us our body and we need to take care of it to honor that.

Love you girly!

Beth W said...

You can do it! And hey, you can make sweets that are healthy. Just substitute apple sauce for butter or oil in a recipe, and use agave nectar or honey instead of processed sugar (or better yet, stick to sweets that have fresh fruit as the sweetening agent). It's all about the lifestyle change. :D