Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Thankful day 1: Volunteering

I did this last year, and while I completed it with my usual finesse {dropping out half way through}, I figure it's always good to focus on things you're thankful for.

Today, I'm thankful for the opportunity to volunteer in my son's preschool class.
Granted, it's part of the discounted tuition I pay, however, I've found that doing it every Tuesday is incredibly rewarding.
I love it.
There are about 8 boys and 3 girls.

Today, I was able to overhear this gem of a conversation from my son with one of his teachers.

Mrs. M: {Monkey}, can you tell me a word that starts with the letter D?
Monkey: Duuuhhhhhhh

*face palm from mom sitting 5 feet away working on the computer*

I died laughing, and so did his teacher.

Out of the mouths of babes.

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

....thankful for our "clever" children!!