Saturday, November 19, 2011

Thankful Day 19: No Regret

On Thursday I took our only car to get it's oil changed and a look over since we're going on a road trip in December.
We were about 1000 miles overdue.
{if Dad was reading this, he'd groan}
But that's not a big deal.
Our car goes about every 5000 miles between changes.
It even tells me when we are getting close.

Moving along....
About 20 minutes into it, I got called back to the service area.
I NEVER get called back.
So I pulled monkey along and we wandered back.
The nice guy at the desk says to me:
"I have good news, and bad news."

No one ever wants to hear those words.

He continues:
"I found a leak in your water pump. We need to replace it before it goes out."

Me: *gulp*

He says
"It's covered under your drive train warranty, so we'll just take care of it today, it'll be about 2 hours."

I think I did a little dance right there surrounded by 5 guys.

Today, I'm thankful for my car warranty.
It made the "overpriced" brand new car totally worth it in my book.
That lovely piece was $600 in parts and repair.
I paid $0.

I totally am all about buying a new car.
We did so 4 years ago.
Our warranty is amazing.
We have had to use it a couple times, but we're so thankful it is there.
We even bought the service package, so all our oil changes and state emissions and inspections are paid for for the first 7 years.
It's an amazing car that gets us everywhere we needs to go.

This is what our car is


2008 Scion xB

No comments: