Thursday, December 9, 2010

Bold

In the last 3 months, I have been learning to be bold in my faith.
My church offers a class called "Outreach" where you learn to teach others what the Bible says about Jesus Christ.

This is not an easy class.

As a Christian for 6 years, you'd think that I'd have the Gospel message down pat. That I'd know what to say. But telling people about my faith has been one of the hardest obstacles to overcome. My hands get clammy, I freeze. I worry about the questions that one might pose, or that I'd say the wrong thing.

This class has been amazing for me. While I still have those fears, I've learned that it's okay. If I'm bold in my faith in God, and what He's done for ME, He will help me with the rest.

Amazing right?
Yes.

I take my final for class Sunday. I have memorized almost all my 45 verses, and I have built a better friendship with the gal I'm taking this class with. I have learned more about sharing the Gospel and about God's grace. I've learned so much. But most importantly, I've become closer to my Savior, Jesus.

If you're interested in seeing the Outreach diagram in action, please view this video:

The Diagram from The Rock Church on Vimeo.



Thank you Jesus for going to the cross for me, and for helping me overcome my fears.


This weeks topic {BOLD} brought to you by Mama Kat:

Mama's Losin' It



No comments: