Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Update: My Facebook/Twitter break

Sunday was my last day of my Facebook and Twitter break.

You'd think I'd be jumping up and down to get back on....

but I'm not.
I haven't even signed in.
It's Tuesday.

I miss it sometimes, and when things are "boring" online, my first inclination is to head over to Facebook where there is always something to look at.
Or Twitter where I can always find a conversation to put my 2 pennies into.
But I really REALLY REALLY don't want to get stuck back in this cycle:


Image Source: Mama Kat's Losin' It

So here I sit.

What did I learn from my 59+ day break?

I will always find something to occupy my time.
Sometimes it's not going to be the most productive thing.

I am happier without the nagging from my kids about getting them something while I update/check/zone out.

My house is cleaner, and I have stayed on top of my laundry.
It can happen!
I rarely fall so behind where we have nothing to wear anymore.
I rarely ever do more than 3 loads in a day anymore.
It's TRUE!

I can accomplish more of the things I love.
Sewing.
Scrap-booking.
Reading.
Blog Reading!!

What else have I learned?
That if I'm not totally motivated, it's like pulling teeth to get anything listed on Etsy.
That I really want to learn to sew better.
To have more fun outside.
To enjoy a cup of coffee with friends.
The CNN app on my phone hates to update.

So, the question is, when am I getting back on Facebook and Twitter?

Who knows.

There is still the pull to go and see who has written on my wall or done something completely crazy like update their status with movie quotes.
I also miss out on what's going on in others lives.
I miss being "in the know" about a lot of stuff.
{Holly I miss you too!}

Maybe I'll just wait until June.
Guess we'll see.

1 comment:

Extraordinary Ordinary Life said...

I came over from the comment you left on my blog and I am 100% with you on this post. I deactivated a week ago and I have got 100 more things done to include a small baby quilt I needed to finish sewing, re-organizing my laundry room. Thanks for sharing this. I absolutely agree!