Monday, August 29, 2011

Menu Plan Monday

Last week I posted my menu for over 2 weeks, and since I did that, I didn't really have anything to post today.
Instead, I decided to review a couple of meals that we tried that were listed on the menu!


First up is the Creamy Chipotle Chicken Tortellini from Picky Palate

First, I didn't stick to the recipe.
I didn't have beans and I used 1% milk instead of skim milk.

This is an amazingly quick and easy meal.
I loved it, my husband loved it, and it got Princess approval.
The Monkey is in the "pizza" stage and refused to eat.
Poor kid.

This is a meal that I will be making again.
Hellooo Comfort FOOD!

The sauce is creamy.
The consistency is dense.
You add it with some oven roasted veggies and you've got a good hearty meal!
I'll be doing this again!


Another meal that we REALLY enjoy is Turkey Sloppy Joes posted on All Recipes.

This has become a quick family favorite!
My kids both adore this, and it's got tons of flavor and none of the canned Manwich taste!
When making this I use Stubb's Original BBQ Sauce.
It's fantastic and doesn't have any High Fructose Corn Syrup or Partially Hydrogenated oils in it.
We serve these on either regular buns or the thin buns with a slice of Provolone on top.
YUM!

I hope I have helped you out with a couple of dinner suggestions!
I'm always open to hearing yours!
Thanks for swinging by!


I'm linked up with Org Junkie today!


No comments: