Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful day 24: Traditions

Today I'm thankful for Tradition.
On Turkey day morning for the last 3 years, we have gone to the Zoo for their "Feast with the Beast" with Hubby's mama.
We have so much fun!
This year will be our 4th year going!

Because of the cold, there aren't too many people there, so it's not overly crowded.
They have a schedule of which animals they feed, and when.
It all kicks off with the elephants busting a huge pumpkin.
It's my favorite part!

The picture above is from 2 years ago.
Last year it was 16 degrees when we got to the zoo.
They didn't let the elephants out.
*sniffle*
I think it warmed up to about 25 degrees.
We still had a blast though!

 My monkeys sure are cute!
Yes, all 3 of them!

The tigers get big ol' hunks of meat.
And there are 5 of them.
They were still looking at kids like they were lunch.
Scary....


After the zoo, we usually hang out for a while, and then head up to my mom's for the big meal.
We try to keep turkey dinner around dinner time, so that we all can join in.
My sister usually works the morning shift.
And then we all sit on the comatose couch trying to fight off the "I ate too much" sleepies.
The kids are gonners in the back seat as we drive home.
Some times I wonder how WE make it, since we're so tired too!!!

Anyways, I hope you all have a wonderful, fun filled, day!
Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

This is a fun tradition! Love that it gets you outside on what can tend to be a 'sedentary' day. We're celebrating today, cause my daughter and her new husband were with his family yesterday. Turkey's in the oven and I can't wait!