Monday, May 23, 2011

Day 3: Menu Plan Monday


You might know that I'm doing a 21 day challenge to form a healthy habit.
Since eating is also essential for health, I figured my menu planning post should just be part of my blogging journey for my healthy journey.

I like to eat.
I LOVE to eat good food.
I am also lazy.
I would almost prefer to shove take out or fast food in my face than to cook.
It's sad, and true.

However, I'm not one to limit myself on much of anything.
I'll eat carbs till the cows come home.
Sorry Mom.
But I also love to eat anything else that is healthy, and relatively easy to make.
I've been in a rut for the last year creating the same 15 dishes every month.
We ate out more than I care to admit.
So now, I'm doing more searching online for recipes.
We haven't had something out of my regular line up in weeks.
I love it.
We still are eating out some, but not as much.


I'm continuing to use some gluten free recipes in my cooking, mostly because they are yummy!
I'm trying to find some awesome breakfasts that will appeal to my anti-egg son, and my anti-cereal daughter.
But will also appeal to my appetite too.
It's not easy.
{I love suggestions!}
Lunch is a hard one around here as we are a sandwich kind of family.
I'm trying to break that habit.
Also, very hard.

Anyways, here is what I have planned for this week.

Dinner:
Crockpot Cranberry Pork Roast with rice and oven baked veggies
Crockpot Gluten Free Teriyaki Chicken with rice and veggies
Crockpot Gluten Free Apricot Chicken with rice and veggies
Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup with sour cream and tortilla chips
Friday: Date Night! Mango Quinoa Salad

Breakfast:
Cereal
Pancakes
apple oatmeal bake
eggs & toast
oatmeal
Smoothies

Lunch:
grilled pizza sammies
peaut butter & honey
leftovers
deli meat sammies

I am participating at OrgJunkie where every week you can find hundereds of Menu Plans!

No comments: